Patriots waive three more, including running back Quentin Hines
|03.10.14 at 5:36 pm ET|
In addition to the moves that were announced earlier on Monday, the league transaction wire revealed Monday afternoon the Patriots have waived offensive lineman Elvis Fisher and running back Quentin Hines with a “failed physical” designation. In addition, they also waived offensive lineman Brice Schwab.
Fisher is a 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman who was signed as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013. A team captain at Mizzou in 2011 and 2012 as a collegian, he was predominantly a left tackle. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve in August because of a knee issue.
As for Hines, he’s a 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back out of Akron who was signed as a free agent last spring, but also never saw the field this season because of an injured reserve designation.
Schwab is a 6-foot-7,. 302-pound lineman who was on and off the roster at various points last season. The Arizona State product also saw some time last spring with Tampa Bay before being picked up by the Patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension