Patriots waive three more, including running back Quentin Hines
|03.10.14 at 5:36 pm ET|
In addition to the moves that were announced earlier on Monday, the league transaction wire revealed Monday afternoon the Patriots have waived offensive lineman Elvis Fisher and running back Quentin Hines with a “failed physical” designation. In addition, they also waived offensive lineman Brice Schwab.
Fisher is a 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman who was signed as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013. A team captain at Mizzou in 2011 and 2012 as a collegian, he was predominantly a left tackle. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve in August because of a knee issue.
As for Hines, he’s a 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back out of Akron who was signed as a free agent last spring, but also never saw the field this season because of an injured reserve designation.
Schwab is a 6-foot-7,. 302-pound lineman who was on and off the roster at various points last season. The Arizona State product also saw some time last spring with Tampa Bay before being picked up by the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England