Poll: Should Patriots try to land Darrelle Revis?
|03.11.14 at 1:05 am ET|
It appears that Darrelle Revis is going to leave Tampa Bay sooner rather than later.
Multiple outlets reported Monday night that the Bucs are looking to deal the cornerback, and if they can’t find a trade partner, they are going to release the veteran, who is scheduled to make $16 million in 2014.
Making all of this even more complicated is the fact that the Buccaneers will need to release or trade him by Wednesday. The Jets own Tampa’s fourth-round pick in 2014 as part of the Revis deal. That turns into a third rounder if Revis is on the Bucs roster Thursday.
Armed with this knowledge, we want to know what the Patriots should do.
How should the Patriots approach the Darrelle Revis situation?
- Wait to see if Revis is cut, then try to work out a new deal with the player (55%, 566 Votes)
- Ignore it and focus on other stuff. Revis is a great player, but his history of holdouts and advanced age make him more trouble than he's worth (25%, 261 Votes)
- Try to engage the Bucs in trade talks, move some money around and attempt to swing a deal (20%, 203 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,030
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself