Poll: Should Patriots try to land Darrelle Revis?
|03.11.14 at 1:05 am ET|
It appears that Darrelle Revis is going to leave Tampa Bay sooner rather than later.
Multiple outlets reported Monday night that the Bucs are looking to deal the cornerback, and if they can’t find a trade partner, they are going to release the veteran, who is scheduled to make $16 million in 2014.
Making all of this even more complicated is the fact that the Buccaneers will need to release or trade him by Wednesday. The Jets own Tampa’s fourth-round pick in 2014 as part of the Revis deal. That turns into a third rounder if Revis is on the Bucs roster Thursday.
Armed with this knowledge, we want to know what the Patriots should do.
How should the Patriots approach the Darrelle Revis situation?
- Wait to see if Revis is cut, then try to work out a new deal with the player (55%, 566 Votes)
- Ignore it and focus on other stuff. Revis is a great player, but his history of holdouts and advanced age make him more trouble than he's worth (25%, 261 Votes)
- Try to engage the Bucs in trade talks, move some money around and attempt to swing a deal (20%, 203 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,030
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars