Report: Julian Edelman will test free agent market after not reaching deal with Patriots
|03.11.14 at 2:46 pm ET|
Julian Edelman and the Patriots were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract Tuesday afternoon, and the wide receiver will test free agency, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The former college quarterback. who was a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2009, was reportedly offered a three-year deal by New England on the heels of his career-best 2013 season, where he finished with 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns.
This will mark the second consecutive offseason where Edelman will be an unrestricted free agent — he was on the market last year, but returned to the Patriots on a relatively low-level deal that netted him roughly $1 million.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return