Report: Julian Edelman will test free agent market after not reaching deal with Patriots
|03.11.14 at 2:46 pm ET|
Julian Edelman and the Patriots were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract Tuesday afternoon, and the wide receiver will test free agency, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The former college quarterback. who was a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2009, was reportedly offered a three-year deal by New England on the heels of his career-best 2013 season, where he finished with 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns.
This will mark the second consecutive offseason where Edelman will be an unrestricted free agent — he was on the market last year, but returned to the Patriots on a relatively low-level deal that netted him roughly $1 million.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty