Report: Julian Edelman will test free agent market after not reaching deal with Patriots
|03.11.14 at 2:46 pm ET|
Julian Edelman and the Patriots were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract Tuesday afternoon, and the wide receiver will test free agency, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The former college quarterback. who was a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2009, was reportedly offered a three-year deal by New England on the heels of his career-best 2013 season, where he finished with 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns.
This will mark the second consecutive offseason where Edelman will be an unrestricted free agent — he was on the market last year, but returned to the Patriots on a relatively low-level deal that netted him roughly $1 million.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It