Report: Patriots offer Julian Edelman 3-year deal
|03.11.14 at 11:24 am ET|
The Patriots offered wide receiver Julian Edelman a three-year contract and asked for an answer by the start of free agency Tuesday at 4 p.m., according to a report from Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport indicated that the Patriots want to keep Edelman, who had a career year in 2013, but they appear to be preparing for a fallback option should Edelman be unwilling to commit.
Edelman, 27, had 105 receptions for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns this past season. For the first time in his five-year career, he played in all 16 games. A seventh-round pick in 2009 out of Kent State (where he played quarterback), Edelman has made about $3 million in his NFL career and he is due for a significant upgrade.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL