Report: Patriots offer Julian Edelman 3-year deal
|03.11.14 at 11:24 am ET|
The Patriots offered wide receiver Julian Edelman a three-year contract and asked for an answer by the start of free agency Tuesday at 4 p.m., according to a report from Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport indicated that the Patriots want to keep Edelman, who had a career year in 2013, but they appear to be preparing for a fallback option should Edelman be unwilling to commit.
Edelman, 27, had 105 receptions for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns this past season. For the first time in his five-year career, he played in all 16 games. A seventh-round pick in 2009 out of Kent State (where he played quarterback), Edelman has made about $3 million in his NFL career and he is due for a significant upgrade.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick