Report: Patriots offer Julian Edelman 3-year deal
|03.11.14 at 11:24 am ET|
The Patriots offered wide receiver Julian Edelman a three-year contract and asked for an answer by the start of free agency Tuesday at 4 p.m., according to a report from Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport indicated that the Patriots want to keep Edelman, who had a career year in 2013, but they appear to be preparing for a fallback option should Edelman be unwilling to commit.
Edelman, 27, had 105 receptions for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns this past season. For the first time in his five-year career, he played in all 16 games. A seventh-round pick in 2009 out of Kent State (where he played quarterback), Edelman has made about $3 million in his NFL career and he is due for a significant upgrade.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know