Patriots announce signing of TE Michael Hoomanawanui
|03.12.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
The Patriots on Wednesday made official the signing of tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, who had been an unrestricted free agent.
The team did not announce terms of the deal, although it was reported earlier in the week that it was for two years.
Hoomanawanui, 25, has played four seasons in the NFL, including the last two in New England after being picked up as a free agent in 2012.
A fifth-round draft pick of the Rams out of Illinois in 2010, Hoomanawanui is known primarily as a blocking tight end. He has 37 catches for 474 yards and four touchdowns in 43 career games. Last season he played 13 games and had 12 receptions for 136 yards and one TD. He caught three passes for 39 yards in the Patriots’ two playoff games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...