Patriots announce signing of TE Michael Hoomanawanui
|03.12.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
The Patriots on Wednesday made official the signing of tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, who had been an unrestricted free agent.
The team did not announce terms of the deal, although it was reported earlier in the week that it was for two years.
Hoomanawanui, 25, has played four seasons in the NFL, including the last two in New England after being picked up as a free agent in 2012.
A fifth-round draft pick of the Rams out of Illinois in 2010, Hoomanawanui is known primarily as a blocking tight end. He has 37 catches for 474 yards and four touchdowns in 43 career games. Last season he played 13 games and had 12 receptions for 136 yards and one TD. He caught three passes for 39 yards in the Patriots’ two playoff games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status
- Gronk Carted off with Knee Injury