Willie McGinest on Aqib Talib’s departure: ‘I don’t know where the disconnection went’
|03.12.14 at 2:11 pm ET|
Former Patriots linebacker/defensive end and current NFL Network analyst Willie McGinest talked about Aqib Talib and his decision to leave New England for Denver on Wednesday’s edition of “Free Agent Frenzy” on the NFL Network.
On Talib: “He’s one of the rare defensive backs in our league that can play every single position on the field; from the left side, from the right side, he can play the slot, he can bump-and-run.”
On a conversation he had with Talib during the playoffs: “In talking to Talib while I was in Foxboro, the one thing that he stressed [is] that he loved being a New England Patriot. This [conversation] was [in] the playoffs. He wanted to be there, he wanted to remain a New England Patriot so I don’t know where the disconnection went; I don’t know if they had enough money to pay what he wanted and where the negotiations broke down. But I know that he wanted to be a New England Patriot.”
For complete video of McGinest’s segment, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video