Willie McGinest on Aqib Talib’s departure: ‘I don’t know where the disconnection went’
|03.12.14 at 2:11 pm ET|
Former Patriots linebacker/defensive end and current NFL Network analyst Willie McGinest talked about Aqib Talib and his decision to leave New England for Denver on Wednesday’s edition of “Free Agent Frenzy” on the NFL Network.
On Talib: “He’s one of the rare defensive backs in our league that can play every single position on the field; from the left side, from the right side, he can play the slot, he can bump-and-run.”
On a conversation he had with Talib during the playoffs: “In talking to Talib while I was in Foxboro, the one thing that he stressed [is] that he loved being a New England Patriot. This [conversation] was [in] the playoffs. He wanted to be there, he wanted to remain a New England Patriot so I don’t know where the disconnection went; I don’t know if they had enough money to pay what he wanted and where the negotiations broke down. But I know that he wanted to be a New England Patriot.”
For complete video of McGinest’s segment, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl