Willie McGinest on Aqib Talib’s departure: ‘I don’t know where the disconnection went’
|03.12.14 at 2:11 pm ET|
Former Patriots linebacker/defensive end and current NFL Network analyst Willie McGinest talked about Aqib Talib and his decision to leave New England for Denver on Wednesday’s edition of “Free Agent Frenzy” on the NFL Network.
On Talib: “He’s one of the rare defensive backs in our league that can play every single position on the field; from the left side, from the right side, he can play the slot, he can bump-and-run.”
On a conversation he had with Talib during the playoffs: “In talking to Talib while I was in Foxboro, the one thing that he stressed [is] that he loved being a New England Patriot. This [conversation] was [in] the playoffs. He wanted to be there, he wanted to remain a New England Patriot so I don’t know where the disconnection went; I don’t know if they had enough money to pay what he wanted and where the negotiations broke down. But I know that he wanted to be a New England Patriot.”
For complete video of McGinest’s segment, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty