Aqib Talib: I never had a hip problem when I was with Patriots
|03.13.14 at 12:13 am ET|
Aqib Talib was introduced to the media in Denver for the first time as a Bronco on Wednesday, and he quickly dismissed any thought that he had been struggling with a hip injury — despite the fact that he had been listed on the injury report by the Patriots with a hip injury at multiple points in the 2013 season.
“That was in Tampa, that was the right side. I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” he told reporters.
“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa. The injury I had was actually a quad injury, it was reported as a hip injury. But that’s how they do things.”
Talib — who signed a six-year, $57 million deal with the Broncos that included $26 million in guaranteed money — addressed the larger issue of his health, including the injury that knocked him out of the 2013 AFC title game against Denver when he collided with Wes Welker.
“At 28, I still feel good, I still can do standing backflips and stuff like that, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape,” said Talib, who hasn’t played a full 16-game season since he arrived in the NFL.
“The injury in the AFC championship, it was just a deep bone bruise. It just swelled up a lot, but no damage, really. It was just a real deep bruise. I just had to do the ice and get my motion back and things like that. It’s perfectly fine now. I’ve been back working out and it’s perfectly fine.”
Talib added that there was no ill will toward Welker.
“Wes is a good friend of mine,” Talib said. “I watched that play 1,000 times and I can promise you he didn’t do it on purpose.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...