Report: Vince Wilfork has asked for release from Patriots
|03.13.14 at 2:32 pm ET|
Vince Wilfork has asked the Patriots to be released, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
The veteran defensive lineman, who has spent the last 10 seasons with the Patriots, is coming off an Achilles injury that left him on injured reserve for the bulk of the 2013 season. It’s believed that the 32-year-old Wilfork, a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro, has been asked to take a pay cut — he was set to count $11.6 million against the cap in 2014.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL