Report: Vince Wilfork has asked for release from Patriots
|03.13.14 at 2:32 pm ET|
Vince Wilfork has asked the Patriots to be released, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
The veteran defensive lineman, who has spent the last 10 seasons with the Patriots, is coming off an Achilles injury that left him on injured reserve for the bulk of the 2013 season. It’s believed that the 32-year-old Wilfork, a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro, has been asked to take a pay cut — he was set to count $11.6 million against the cap in 2014.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors