Report: Vince Wilfork has asked for release from Patriots
|03.13.14 at 2:32 pm ET|
Vince Wilfork has asked the Patriots to be released, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
The veteran defensive lineman, who has spent the last 10 seasons with the Patriots, is coming off an Achilles injury that left him on injured reserve for the bulk of the 2013 season. It’s believed that the 32-year-old Wilfork, a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro, has been asked to take a pay cut — he was set to count $11.6 million against the cap in 2014.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion