CB Brandon Browner announces he’s reached agreement with Patriots
|03.14.14 at 7:21 pm ET|
Brandon Browner told ESPN’s Josina Anderson Friday that he’s “taking a three-year deal” to play in New England.
The 29-year-old Brown spent the last three seasons of his career with the Seahawks, where he became an integral part of the Seattle defense. The 6-foot-4, 221-pounder has 10 career picks, including a career-high six in 2011. As part of a violation of league’s policy on PEDs, he will have to sit out the first four games of the 2014 season.
Browner tweeted out the following from his personal account shortly after the news broke.
“Today, I am proud to announce that I am a New England Patriot. I am honored that the Patriots are making me part of their legendary organization, and am grateful for the opportunity Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Nick Caserio and the entire team have given me. I intend to diligently work with the same’¨passion and dedication that I have displayed since coming into the NFL to uphold the great traditions and qualities that are embodied by the Patriots. I would be remiss if I didn’t thank the Seattle Seahawks for giving a CFL player the once in-a-lifetime opportunity to return to the NFL, making a’¨young boy’s dream come true. To Coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider, John Idzik, Coach Richard, Rocky Seto, the LOB, my teammates, the training staff, the equipment guys the Seahawks organization as a whole and most importantly the 12th Man, I say thank you for everything you have done for myself and my family. I am a truly blessed person.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction