Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly reworks his contract
|03.14.14 at 12:19 am ET|
According to NFLPA documents, Kelly has dropped his base salary from $1.95 million to $955,000. In addition, ESPN reported that Kelly’s remaining money has changed to a $100,000 signing bonus and $800,000 in roster bonuses, as well as a $645,000 bonus if he plays at least 60 percent of the defensive snaps in 2014.
In his first season with the Patriots, Kelly played five games before going down with a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 6. He finished the year with 22 tackles (12 solo) and 2.5 sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal