Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly reworks his contract
|03.14.14 at 12:19 am ET|
According to NFLPA documents, Kelly has dropped his base salary from $1.95 million to $955,000. In addition, ESPN reported that Kelly’s remaining money has changed to a $100,000 signing bonus and $800,000 in roster bonuses, as well as a $645,000 bonus if he plays at least 60 percent of the defensive snaps in 2014.
In his first season with the Patriots, Kelly played five games before going down with a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 6. He finished the year with 22 tackles (12 solo) and 2.5 sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...