Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly reworks his contract
|03.14.14 at 12:19 am ET|
According to NFLPA documents, Kelly has dropped his base salary from $1.95 million to $955,000. In addition, ESPN reported that Kelly’s remaining money has changed to a $100,000 signing bonus and $800,000 in roster bonuses, as well as a $645,000 bonus if he plays at least 60 percent of the defensive snaps in 2014.
In his first season with the Patriots, Kelly played five games before going down with a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 6. He finished the year with 22 tackles (12 solo) and 2.5 sacks.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?