Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly reworks his contract
|03.14.14 at 12:19 am ET|
According to NFLPA documents, Kelly has dropped his base salary from $1.95 million to $955,000. In addition, ESPN reported that Kelly’s remaining money has changed to a $100,000 signing bonus and $800,000 in roster bonuses, as well as a $645,000 bonus if he plays at least 60 percent of the defensive snaps in 2014.
In his first season with the Patriots, Kelly played five games before going down with a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 6. He finished the year with 22 tackles (12 solo) and 2.5 sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text