NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Minnesota DT Ra’Shede Hageman
|03.16.14 at 11:59 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive tackle
Weight: 311 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Big Ten, 2013 third-team AP All-American
What he brings: Hageman brings prototypical size to be a strong NFL nose tackle. He was once considered a fringe first-rounder, but a strong Senior Bowl and NFL combine has many projecting him to go in the middle to end of the first round. There is concern about his speed and movement. While many scouts consider him average in terms of pursuit, he is seen as a raw, athletic prospect that could blossom.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 1
Notes: While Hageman only had two sacks in 2013, he had 13 tackles for loss, eight pass deflections and an interception. In 2012 he had six sacks, his most in one season. … Hageman was a tight end in high school before moving to defensive line in 2009 at Minnesota. … Although he came out a year early, Hageman is 23 years old (24 on Aug. 8). … Hageman has been linked to the Patriots in multiple mock drafts. CBSSports considers him the fourth best defensive tackle in the draft.
ESPN: Gophers’ Hageman structured for success
TwinCities.com: Freshman tight end Ra’Shede Hageman will play defensive end for Gophers, too
Video: Here are highlights of Hageman at Minnesota.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible