Brandon Spikes takes exception to injury claims: ‘A false report’ by Patriots
|03.18.14 at 4:17 pm ET|
Brandon Spikes said Monday the Patriots decision to put him on injured reserve at the end of the 2013 season was a “false report,” and added “that’s just how things go” in Foxboro when it comes to injuries.
The linebacker, who signed a free agent deal with the Bills earlier this month after four seasons with New England, made the statement Monday on WGR Radio in Buffalo.
“I know, I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday during a radio interview with WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.
“That was just from the labor throughout the season, man. It was just — you know how it is — it’s a tough 16 games. All I needed was rest and rehab.”
Spikes’ claim was the second in a month from a former player regarding how the team manipulates the injury report. When he signed with the Broncos, Talib said he was listed with a hip injury, but he was quick to say he had no such problem.
“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England