NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Arkansas C Travis Swanson
|03.18.14 at 6:43 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 318 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-America, 2013 second-team All-SEC
What he brings: Considered the best center in the draft, Swanson has ideal size, strength and athleticism to be a starting center in the NFL. He will be able to match up with the bigger nose tackles in the NFL. Swanson doesn’t have elite speed or lateral quickness, but he has above-average athleticism. The 318-pounder is considered strong in the run game and known for being alert.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: Swanson started four years at Arkansas and started all 50 games in which he appeared. He was named a captain during his final two years. … He snapped to current Patriots backup quarterback Ryan Mallet during the 2010 season. … He was an honor roll student in the fall of 2011.
Associated Press: Swanson lays foundations for success at Arkansas
Times Record: Ex-Hog Swanson confident at NFL combine
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?