NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Arkansas C Travis Swanson
|03.18.14 at 6:43 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 318 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-America, 2013 second-team All-SEC
What he brings: Considered the best center in the draft, Swanson has ideal size, strength and athleticism to be a starting center in the NFL. He will be able to match up with the bigger nose tackles in the NFL. Swanson doesn’t have elite speed or lateral quickness, but he has above-average athleticism. The 318-pounder is considered strong in the run game and known for being alert.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: Swanson started four years at Arkansas and started all 50 games in which he appeared. He was named a captain during his final two years. … He snapped to current Patriots backup quarterback Ryan Mallet during the 2010 season. … He was an honor roll student in the fall of 2011.
Associated Press: Swanson lays foundations for success at Arkansas
Times Record: Ex-Hog Swanson confident at NFL combine
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England