NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: USC WR Marqise Lee
|03.18.14 at 10:12 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 195 pounds
Achievements: 2012 Biletnikoff Award winner, 2012 Paul Warfield Award, 2012 unanimous first-team All-American, 2012 Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
What he brings: Despite his recent history of injuries and smaller frame, Lee has the speed and understanding that allowed him to win the Biletnikoff Award, given to the best wide receiver in the NCAA, as a sophomore. Scouts look at Lee’s route-running ability and vision as reasons for why he will still go in the first round of the draft.
Where the Patriots could get him: Lee is likely a top-20 pick, so the Patriots would have to trade up to get him.
Notes: After a standout sophomore campaign, Lee struggled during the 2013 season with injuries. The junior injured his shoulder during training camp before suffering a knee injury in September. He finished the season with 57 receptions for 791 yards and four touchdowns. … Lee, who also competes for USC’s track team, owns or shares 22 school records.
Los Angeles Times: Marqise Lee’s stats are down, but he remains a top NFL prospect
Video: Here is a highlight reel of Lee’s 2013 season
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...