Report: Patriots have inquired about Eagles WR DeSean Jackson
|03.18.14 at 5:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have inquired about Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, according to a report from Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia.
Citing a league source, the report says the Eagles have taken inquiries on Jackson from the 49ers and Patriots. It’s believed that Philadelphia is seeking “at least a third-round pick and potentially more” for Jackson.
The 27-year-old had 82 catches for 1,332 receiving yards and nine touchdowns last season for the Eagles. In his six seasons in the NFL, he had 356 catches for 6,117 yards and 32 touchdowns, and 57 carries for 373 yards and three rushing touchdowns.
It’s important to remember that “inquired about” is a broad, wide-ranging term that could range anywhere from deep, substantive talks to a 30-second phone call that may or may not have included laughter on the other end of the line. It’s also worth mentioning that Jackson — just two years into a five-year, $51 million extension — is slated to make $10.25 million in base salary in 2014. So make of the report what you will.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Montee Ball Released by Patriots: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason