Report: Patriots have inquired about Eagles WR DeSean Jackson
|03.18.14 at 5:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have inquired about Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, according to a report from Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia.
Citing a league source, the report says the Eagles have taken inquiries on Jackson from the 49ers and Patriots. It’s believed that Philadelphia is seeking “at least a third-round pick and potentially more” for Jackson.
The 27-year-old had 82 catches for 1,332 receiving yards and nine touchdowns last season for the Eagles. In his six seasons in the NFL, he had 356 catches for 6,117 yards and 32 touchdowns, and 57 carries for 373 yards and three rushing touchdowns.
It’s important to remember that “inquired about” is a broad, wide-ranging term that could range anywhere from deep, substantive talks to a 30-second phone call that may or may not have included laughter on the other end of the line. It’s also worth mentioning that Jackson — just two years into a five-year, $51 million extension — is slated to make $10.25 million in base salary in 2014. So make of the report what you will.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...