Four topics from Patriots’ perspective to be discussed at NFL annual meetings this week
|03.23.14 at 9:10 pm ET|
ORLANDO — The NFL’s annual meetings convene Monday morning in Florida, and from a Patriots’ perspective, we’re most interested in hearing from owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick on four different topics:
1. The acquisitions of Brandon Browner, Darrelle Revis and Brandon LaFell — The coach did speak for nine minutes at the combine, but that was prior to the start of free agency and the pickup of Browner, Revis and LaFell.
2. The departure of free agents Aqib Talib and Brandon Spikes — While Belichick probably won’t be too expansive in his comments regarding the two most notable free agent losses, we’ll be looking for his take on their time with the Patriots and how the franchise might go about replacing them (particularly Spikes).
3. Clarity on the status of defensive lineman Vince Wilfork — Wilfork apparently requested his release earlier this month, but since that news broke, it’s been radio silence when it comes to comments from Wilfork’s camp, as well as the franchise. Over the years, it’s become clear that Wilfork is second only to perhaps quarterback Tom Brady in the heart of owner Robert Kraft — Kraft’s comments on this matter should be especially telling.
4. The four new rules that were proposed by the Patriots — New England has sponsored four potential rules changes that will be debated at the meetings: moving the line of scrimmage for extra points to the 25-yard line, adding cameras around the goal line in hopes of getting a definitive idea as to whether or not the ball has broken the plain of the goal line, allow coaches to challenge any calls except on scoring plays and extend the height of the goal posts an extra five
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...