NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: UCLA G Xavier Su’a-Filo
|03.24.14 at 5:33 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive guard
Weight: 304 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012 All-Pac-12 first team
What he brings: Su’a-Filo has experience at both tackle and guard, playing every game as a freshman in 2009 as a tackle and (after a two-year Mormon mission) every game in 2012 as a guard. He alternated between 2013 at guard and tackle. Su’a-Filo isn’t superior in any aspect of his game but is solid in both pass and run protection. He has average size for an NFL guard. Su’a-Filo is considered explosive and good in pulling.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: Su’a-Filo declared for the 2014 draft as a junior, but he’s already 23 years old. He missed the entire 2010 and 2011 seasons at UCLA because he was on a Mormon mission to Florida and South Alabama. … Su’a-Filo won three state championships at Timpview High School in Provo, Utah from 2006-08.
Los Angeles Times: Xavier Su’a-Filo keys UCLA’s protection plan
Deseret News: Xavier Su’a-Filo returns from LDS Mission to find new UCLA football landscape
Video: Here are 2013 UCLA highlights of Su’a-Filo.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?