Report: Vince Wilfork cleans out his locker
|03.24.14 at 4:49 pm ET|
The veteran, who reportedly requested his release earlier this month, hasn’t spoken publicly since that news broke, but according to the Herald, he’s disgruntled enough to consider his time in New England to be done.
That news comes in the wake of a public statement from owner Robert Kraft, who said Monday that he’s holding out hope that the two sides can come to some sort of agreement that would allow Wilfork to stay with the Patriots. Speaking at the league meetings in Orlando, Kraft called Wilfork one of his “personal favorites,” and struck an optimistic tone.
“We’ve been very close, and I’ll let Vince speak to whatever he feels is appropriate,” Kraft said. “I very much hope we get it done, and I believe he very much would like to do it as well. We’ve been so lucky to have him. So we’ll see what happens.
“You know, for him, he’s making some individual decisions. For us, we have to put a team together of over 50 people,” he added. “We have a salary cap. In the end, it’s about both parties feeling it’s a good transaction and it’s a win-win. I think that’s what we’re both shooting for.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...