Report: Vince Wilfork cleans out his locker
|03.24.14 at 4:49 pm ET|
The veteran, who reportedly requested his release earlier this month, hasn’t spoken publicly since that news broke, but according to the Herald, he’s disgruntled enough to consider his time in New England to be done.
That news comes in the wake of a public statement from owner Robert Kraft, who said Monday that he’s holding out hope that the two sides can come to some sort of agreement that would allow Wilfork to stay with the Patriots. Speaking at the league meetings in Orlando, Kraft called Wilfork one of his “personal favorites,” and struck an optimistic tone.
“We’ve been very close, and I’ll let Vince speak to whatever he feels is appropriate,” Kraft said. “I very much hope we get it done, and I believe he very much would like to do it as well. We’ve been so lucky to have him. So we’ll see what happens.
“You know, for him, he’s making some individual decisions. For us, we have to put a team together of over 50 people,” he added. “We have a salary cap. In the end, it’s about both parties feeling it’s a good transaction and it’s a win-win. I think that’s what we’re both shooting for.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense