Bill Belichick on Vince Wilfork: ‘If you have any questions about Vince, you should ask Vince’
|03.25.14 at 9:31 am ET|
Wilfork reportedly requested his release earlier this month, and a story from the Boston Herald Monday indicated he had taken down his nameplate and cleaned out his locker at Gillette Stadium. While owner Robert Kraft seemed to sound an optimistic note about Wilfork’s status on Monday, Belichick wouldn’t comment on the matter on Tuesday.
“I’m not going to talk about anything with any of our specific players, I’m not going to get into that,” Belichick said when quizzed about Wilfork during the AFC coaches breakfast at the league meetings. “If you have any questions about Vince, you should ask Vince, or [questions about] any other players, you should talk to those players.
“You need to talk to him about any of those statements,” he added when pressed further on Wilfork. “I think you should verify first.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick