NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: LSU WR Jarvis Landry
|03.25.14 at 9:45 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 205 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-SEC selection (Associated Press, coaches)
What he brings: Scouts say that Landry has strong reflexes and ball-handling skills. While he has good size and speed, the general feeling is that Landry needs to bulk up more. He only started in 12 games at the college level. He did not help his cause at the NFL combine, posting the slowest 40-yard dash time of all wide receivers at 4.77 seconds. He attributed the slow performance to a right hamstring injury that he suffered during the sprint.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Landry, 21, had five 100-yard games as a junior in 2013, finishing the season with 77 receptions for 1,193 yards and 10 touchdowns. He is considered one of the top wide receivers in LSU’s history with 137 catches for 1,809 yards and 15 touchdowns in 40 games. … As a senior at Lutcher (La.) High School in 2011, Landry set a record at the Under Armour All-America Game with eight receptions, good for 70 yards and a touchdown.
The Advocate: Slow 40 time might not hurt Jarvis Landry in draft
The Times-Picayune: What the national media are saying about LSU draft prospects
Video: Here is a video highlighting Landry’s career with LSU
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...