NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: North Carolina TE Eric Ebron
|03.26.14 at 5:09 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Tight end
School: North Carolina
Weight: 245 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-American, 2013 first-team All-ACC
What he brings: Ebron has outstanding athletic ability and superb receiving skills. He runs routes very well and has a large catch radius. It is hard to cover him one-on-one. However, Ebron is considered undersized and an average blocker at best. He can be redirected on routes because of his lack of weight.
Where the Patriots could get him: Ebron is projected to be a top-20 pick, so the Patriots likely would need to trade up to to get him.
Notes: Ebron had 62 receptions, 973 yards and three touchdowns during his junior season at North Carolina in 2013. He is considered the best tight end prospect in the draft, with Mike Mayock seeing a possibility of him being a top-10 pick. Ebron, who turns 21 in April, was a finalist for the John Mackey Award (given to college football’s best tight end) in 2013. CBSSports.com compares him to Vernon Davis.
News & Record: UNC coach Larry Fedora wants Eric Ebron to soar
ESPN: UNC’s Eric Ebron to enter draft
Video: Here are Ebron’s highlights during the 2013 Balk Bowl against Cincinnati.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England