NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Tennessee OT Antonio Richardson
|03.27.14 at 10:20 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
School: University of Tennessee
Weight: 327 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-SEC, 2012 second-team All-SEC
What he brings: One of the bigger tackles available, Richardson has sneaky athleticism and is a good athlete with quick feet and ferocious power. He also has long arms and good balance. Analysts note that Richardson struggles with technique, sometimes using his physical traits too much, and has been known to overextend on plays.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: A two-year starter at Tennessee, Richardson had two games against heralded South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, in 2012 and 2013. Richardson held his own against the projected top-five pick in 2012 but struggled in 2013. The 22-year-old enters the draft with one year of college eligibility remaining. … NFL.com‘s Mike Mayock does not have Richardson in his top five for offensive tackles. … Richardson has spent his entire life in Tennessee. He was born in Nashville and prepped at Nashville’s Pearl Cohn High School before joining the Volunteers.
Times Free Press: Tiny incentive: UT Vols’ Richardson eager for Jadeveon Clowney rematch
Times Free Press: Antonio Richardson aims to be large leader on UT’s offensive line
Video: Here are Richardson’s highlights against Florida in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed