NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Washington RB Bishop Sankey
|03.27.14 at 5:21 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
Weight: 209 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Pac-12
What he brings: While not extremely big or fast, Sankey is a good all-around back who shows good vision and toughness. He can hit the interior hard and protect the ball effectively. He doesn’t have big-play speed, but he has quick feet. Sankey has shown to be a more than capable and willing pass blocker and is effective catching out of the backfield.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: In 2013, Sankey ran for 1,870 yards for a 5.7 average and 20 touchdowns. He also had 28 catches for 304 yards and one TD. … Despite being on the losing team, Sankey was named the MVP of the 2012 Maaco Bowl with 205 rushing yards, one rushing touchdown and 74 receiving yards. … Sankey never missed a game in his three seasons at Washington. He was voted a captain last season as a junior.
Seattle Times: Bishop Sankey, UW’s humble star, shines on field and in the classroom
Seattle Times: Huskies’ Bishop Sankey does it all … except brag
Video: Here are Sankey’s highlights against Boise State in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick