Vince Wilfork agrees to extension with Patriots
|03.27.14 at 5:56 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork has agreed to a three-year contract extension to keep him in New England after a rocky offseason of negotiations.
The deal is worth a reported three years and $22.5 million, with $3 million guaranteed. Following news of the agreement, Wilfork posted the following to Twitter, along with a picture of his new contract:
“It’s been hard to remain quiet and let things take its course but it has been the best thing to do. Negotiations are never easy especially when you have a 10 year history with a team and more importantly relationships. For those who have supported me I think you , for those who have called me every name in the book I thank you too. My intentions have never changed 10 years ago my goal was to retire as a patriot and as I sit here typing this I am closer to achieving my goal. I look forward to getting back to football and helping my team compete and have a chance at winning a Super Bowl.” (sic)
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades