Vince Wilfork agrees to extension with Patriots
|03.27.14 at 5:56 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork has agreed to a three-year contract extension to keep him in New England after a rocky offseason of negotiations.
The deal is worth a reported three years and $22.5 million, with $3 million guaranteed. Following news of the agreement, Wilfork posted the following to Twitter, along with a picture of his new contract:
“It’s been hard to remain quiet and let things take its course but it has been the best thing to do. Negotiations are never easy especially when you have a 10 year history with a team and more importantly relationships. For those who have supported me I think you , for those who have called me every name in the book I thank you too. My intentions have never changed 10 years ago my goal was to retire as a patriot and as I sit here typing this I am closer to achieving my goal. I look forward to getting back to football and helping my team compete and have a chance at winning a Super Bowl.” (sic)
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England