NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Alabama OG Anthony Steen
|03.28.14 at 9:38 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive guard
Weight: 314 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-SEC
What he brings: Steen is regarded as a strong player with an ideal frame that allows him to win tough battles. Analysts also point out, though, that Steen has had difficulty with finishing consistently and can show indecisiveness when blocking downfield.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 4-5
Notes: Steen was part of an Alabama offensive line that was ranked seventh in FBS in sacks allowed. The Clarksdale, Miss., native suffered a concussion during the 2013 season and also missed the Sugar Bowl after he needed shoulder surgery to repair a partially torn labrum. Steen did not participate in individual drills during the NFL combine because of his surgery but plans to take part in Alabama’s second pro day on April 8.
AL.com: Wrapping up former Alabama offensive guard Anthony Steen’s trip to the 2014 NFL Combine
Video: Here is a video highlighting Steen’s performance against Virginia Tech.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England