Report: LeGarrette Blount signs with Steelers
|03.28.14 at 3:53 pm ET|
Former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount has agreed to a two-year deal with the Steelers, according to the National Football Post. Blount reportedly visited with the Steelers on Friday and never left.
Blount rushed for 772 yards and seven touchdowns last season in New England. He made his biggest impact in the divisional round of the playoffs, when he rushed for 166 yards and four touchdowns against the Colts. Blount also led the Patriots with 494 kick return yards on the season.
With Blount gone, the Patriots are left with Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Brandon Bolden as their main running backs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It