Report: LeGarrette Blount signs with Steelers
|03.28.14 at 3:53 pm ET|
Former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount has agreed to a two-year deal with the Steelers, according to the National Football Post. Blount reportedly visited with the Steelers on Friday and never left.
Blount rushed for 772 yards and seven touchdowns last season in New England. He made his biggest impact in the divisional round of the playoffs, when he rushed for 166 yards and four touchdowns against the Colts. Blount also led the Patriots with 494 kick return yards on the season.
With Blount gone, the Patriots are left with Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Brandon Bolden as their main running backs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal