Report: LeGarrette Blount signs with Steelers
|03.28.14 at 3:53 pm ET|
Former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount has agreed to a two-year deal with the Steelers, according to the National Football Post. Blount reportedly visited with the Steelers on Friday and never left.
Blount rushed for 772 yards and seven touchdowns last season in New England. He made his biggest impact in the divisional round of the playoffs, when he rushed for 166 yards and four touchdowns against the Colts. Blount also led the Patriots with 494 kick return yards on the season.
With Blount gone, the Patriots are left with Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Brandon Bolden as their main running backs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion