NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Alabama ILB C.J. Mosley
|03.29.14 at 9:38 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Inside linebacker
Weight: 234 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012 consensus All-American, 2013, 2012 first-team All-SEC, 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year, 2013 Butkus Award, 2010 Freshman All-American
What he brings: Mosley is a mix of great athleticism with good speed, strength and size and smarts. Highly thought of as a leader of the Crimson linebacking corps, Mosley gets rave reviews for his intelligence and keen awareness. There aren’t a lot of negatives with Mosley, but some scouts see inconsistencies regarding his tackling technique.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 1, likely requiring a trade to move up
Notes: Mosley had 108 tackles, nine tackles for loss and one forced fumble during the 2013 season. He had 107 tackles, eight tackles for loss, four sacks and two interceptions in 2012. … Mosley dislocated his elbow in 2011, his sophomore year, and missed two games.
NFL.com: Butkus: Team that drafts C.J. Mosley will be pretty damn lucky
Video: Here are Mosley’s 2013 highlights with Alabama.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...