NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida CB Marcus Roberson
|03.30.14 at 10:47 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 191 pounds
Achievements: 2012 AP All-SEC second team
What he brings: A good-sized corner, Roberson is a tough, physical player who has good ability and instincts. While he can get too reliant on his frame and commit infractions down the field, Roberson presents as an ideal corner for the NFL. However, his 4.61 40-yard dash at the scouting combine is a concern, showing a lack of top-end speed. And while Roberson is willing to tackle, he lacks ideal strength and can get manhandled in the run game. Roberson only benched 225 pounds eight times at the combine. Roberson also has injury concerns, battling ankle and knee injuries throughout his time at Florida.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: Roberson missed five games as a junior in 2013 due to injury. He finished with 11 tackles and three pass breakups. He only had three career interceptions. … Roberson was arrested for underage drinking in September 2011. He also was suspended for a game in 2013 for violating team rules.
Orlando Sentinel: Florida CB Marcus Roberson facing underage drinking charge
CBSSports: 2014 Pro Days: Roberson, Purifoy still slow at soggy Florida workout
Video: Here are Roberson’s 2013 highlights against Toledo.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England