NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida State CB Lamarcus Joyner
|03.31.14 at 5:16 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Florida State
Weight: 184 pounds
Achievements: Unanimous All-American, finalist for Jim Thorpe and Bronko Nagurski Awards, winner of the Ultimate Herbie Award, All-ACC first team (coaches, media)
What he brings: As someone who has spent time as both a safety and a cornerback, Joyner has versatility and, according to analysts, an aggressive approach to the game. At 5-foot-8, though, his size is a concern.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: After deciding to stay at Florida State for his senior season, Joyner opted to move to corner so that he could show his versatility to NFL teams. He went on to record 69 tackles with two interceptions and a team-leading 5.5 sacks.
NFL.com: Florida State DB Lamarcus Joyner offers unrivaled versatility
FOXSports.com: Lamarcus Joyner’s draft stock rising after senior season
Video: Here is a video featuring highlights of Joyner’s 2013 season with Florida State
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars