NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida State CB Lamarcus Joyner
|03.31.14 at 5:16 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Florida State
Weight: 184 pounds
Achievements: Unanimous All-American, finalist for Jim Thorpe and Bronko Nagurski Awards, winner of the Ultimate Herbie Award, All-ACC first team (coaches, media)
What he brings: As someone who has spent time as both a safety and a cornerback, Joyner has versatility and, according to analysts, an aggressive approach to the game. At 5-foot-8, though, his size is a concern.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: After deciding to stay at Florida State for his senior season, Joyner opted to move to corner so that he could show his versatility to NFL teams. He went on to record 69 tackles with two interceptions and a team-leading 5.5 sacks.
NFL.com: Florida State DB Lamarcus Joyner offers unrivaled versatility
FOXSports.com: Lamarcus Joyner’s draft stock rising after senior season
Video: Here is a video featuring highlights of Joyner’s 2013 season with Florida State
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England