NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida State CB Lamarcus Joyner
|03.31.14 at 5:16 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Florida State
Weight: 184 pounds
Achievements: Unanimous All-American, finalist for Jim Thorpe and Bronko Nagurski Awards, winner of the Ultimate Herbie Award, All-ACC first team (coaches, media)
What he brings: As someone who has spent time as both a safety and a cornerback, Joyner has versatility and, according to analysts, an aggressive approach to the game. At 5-foot-8, though, his size is a concern.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: After deciding to stay at Florida State for his senior season, Joyner opted to move to corner so that he could show his versatility to NFL teams. He went on to record 69 tackles with two interceptions and a team-leading 5.5 sacks.
NFL.com: Florida State DB Lamarcus Joyner offers unrivaled versatility
FOXSports.com: Lamarcus Joyner’s draft stock rising after senior season
Video: Here is a video featuring highlights of Joyner’s 2013 season with Florida State
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL