Report: Patriots will visit with veteran free agent RB Michael Bush
|03.31.14 at 11:32 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to host running back Michael Bush on a free agent visit, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
The 29-year-old Bush has been in the league for six years, and the 6-foot-1, 245-pounder had moderate success with Oakland — he had three years of 500-plus yards (2009-11) while with the Raiders, including a career-best 977 rushing yards on 256 carries with Oakland in 2011. However, he had two subpar seasons with the Bears, including just 197 rushing yards last season in Chicago.
New England is likely looking at possible replacements for veteran running back LeGarrette Blount, who recently departed as a free agent. In addition to Bush, there are a handful of veterans who remain on the market, as well as some possibilities when it comes to the draft.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England