NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Louisville FS Calvin Pryor
|04.01.14 at 4:58 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Free safety
Weight: 207 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-AAC, 2012 second-team All-Big East
What he brings: Pryor is a strong player with good size who has solid ball skills and tackling ability. Analysts also say, though, that Pryor’s physical style of play can become a problem because he is occasionally lacks discipline.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: Pryor was suspended for a game against Memphis on Nov. 23 after he violated an unspecified team rule. … He was second on the team with 75 tackles during the 2013 season. … At the NFL scouting combine, Pryor did 18 bench press reps — one of the top performances at the combine.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Tale of 2 safeties: Pryor, Clinton-Dix offer different skill sets
Video: Here is a highlight video from Pryor’s time at Louisville
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge