NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde
|04.01.14 at 9:21 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
School: Ohio State
Weight: 230 pounds
Achievements: 2013 third-team AP All-American, 2013 first-team All-Big Ten, 2012 second-team All-Big Ten
What he brings: One of the bigger backs in college, Hyde brings a bruising style of running that can be dominant at times. While not the fastest back, he has good speed and quickness to go with his hard-hitting ways. Hyde can take hits well and churn his legs to get tough yards. Scouts are concerned about his lack of consistency and willingness to hit the hole despite his bigger frame.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: In 2013, Hyde ran for 1,521 yards and 15 touchdowns, adding 16 catches for 147 yards and three TDs. He averaged 7.3 yards per carry, tying him for eighth best in the nation. … At the scouting combine, Hyde only ran a 4.66 40-yard dash, reportedly pulling his left hamstring during the run. … Hyde was suspended for the first three games of the 2013 season by Ohio State because of a video that surfaced showing the 23-year-old attempt to strike a woman at a bar.
ESPN.com: Hyde suspended at least 3 games
Profootballtalk: Carlos Hyde hurts hamstring while running 40 at combine
Video: Here are Hyde’s 2013 highlights with Ohio State.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction