Report: Teddy Bridgewater visiting Patriots
|04.02.14 at 8:09 am ET|
The Patriots are set to meet with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
The 6-foot-3, 198-pound Bridgewater, considered one of the best signal-callers in the draft, had 9,817 career passing yards and 72 touchdowns while at Louisville. He’s the second high-profile quarterback who has a Wednesday meeting set up with the Patriots — it was revealed Tuesday night that Johnny Manziel also has a session with New England.
As for why the Patriots might be inclined to use one of their 30 pre-draft visits on one of the elite quarterbacks — even with Tom Brady under contract for the foreseeable future — we detailed those reasons here when news of Manziel’s visit surfaced. And it’s likely the same reasons hold true for Bridgewater’s visit, including the fact that the Patriots face four of the top-10 teams in this year’s draft order.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal