Report: Teddy Bridgewater visiting Patriots
|04.02.14 at 8:09 am ET|
The Patriots are set to meet with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
The 6-foot-3, 198-pound Bridgewater, considered one of the best signal-callers in the draft, had 9,817 career passing yards and 72 touchdowns while at Louisville. He’s the second high-profile quarterback who has a Wednesday meeting set up with the Patriots — it was revealed Tuesday night that Johnny Manziel also has a session with New England.
As for why the Patriots might be inclined to use one of their 30 pre-draft visits on one of the elite quarterbacks — even with Tom Brady under contract for the foreseeable future — we detailed those reasons here when news of Manziel’s visit surfaced. And it’s likely the same reasons hold true for Bridgewater’s visit, including the fact that the Patriots face four of the top-10 teams in this year’s draft order.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...