Report: Teddy Bridgewater visiting Patriots
|04.02.14 at 8:09 am ET|
The Patriots are set to meet with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
The 6-foot-3, 198-pound Bridgewater, considered one of the best signal-callers in the draft, had 9,817 career passing yards and 72 touchdowns while at Louisville. He’s the second high-profile quarterback who has a Wednesday meeting set up with the Patriots — it was revealed Tuesday night that Johnny Manziel also has a session with New England.
As for why the Patriots might be inclined to use one of their 30 pre-draft visits on one of the elite quarterbacks — even with Tom Brady under contract for the foreseeable future — we detailed those reasons here when news of Manziel’s visit surfaced. And it’s likely the same reasons hold true for Bridgewater’s visit, including the fact that the Patriots face four of the top-10 teams in this year’s draft order.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL