Report: Teddy Bridgewater visiting Patriots
|04.02.14 at 8:09 am ET|
The Patriots are set to meet with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on Wednesday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
The 6-foot-3, 198-pound Bridgewater, considered one of the best signal-callers in the draft, had 9,817 career passing yards and 72 touchdowns while at Louisville. He’s the second high-profile quarterback who has a Wednesday meeting set up with the Patriots — it was revealed Tuesday night that Johnny Manziel also has a session with New England.
As for why the Patriots might be inclined to use one of their 30 pre-draft visits on one of the elite quarterbacks — even with Tom Brady under contract for the foreseeable future — we detailed those reasons here when news of Manziel’s visit surfaced. And it’s likely the same reasons hold true for Bridgewater’s visit, including the fact that the Patriots face four of the top-10 teams in this year’s draft order.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video