Patriots offseason schedule unveiled
|04.03.14 at 4:39 pm ET|
Just two-plus months after the season-ending loss to the Broncos in the 2013 AFC title game, word comes down that the Patriots will start prepping for the 2014 season in earnest when offseason workout programs open April 21.
The initial portion of the offseason program is limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only, and runs for two weeks. The second part of the program runs for three weeks, and can include on-field drills — however, live contact is prohibited.
The third and final portion includes voluntary organized team activities. Those dates are May 27, May 29-30, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10, June 12-13. And finally, mandatory minicamp runs from June 17-19 — the last major event on the calendar before the start of training camp, which usually opens the last week of July.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England