Patriots offseason schedule unveiled
|04.03.14 at 4:39 pm ET|
Just two-plus months after the season-ending loss to the Broncos in the 2013 AFC title game, word comes down that the Patriots will start prepping for the 2014 season in earnest when offseason workout programs open April 21.
The initial portion of the offseason program is limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only, and runs for two weeks. The second part of the program runs for three weeks, and can include on-field drills — however, live contact is prohibited.
The third and final portion includes voluntary organized team activities. Those dates are May 27, May 29-30, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10, June 12-13. And finally, mandatory minicamp runs from June 17-19 — the last major event on the calendar before the start of training camp, which usually opens the last week of July.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats