NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller
|04.08.14 at 9:39 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Virginia Tech
Weight: 194 pounds
Achievements: 2013 third team All-ACC, 2012 honorable mention All-ACC, 2011 second-team All-ACC
What he brings: A smart, physical corner, Fuller isn’t the fastest (a 4.49 40-yard time at the NFL combine) or the biggest corner available in this draft, but he is solid and hard-working. Fuller shows good anticipatory skills but needs to improve to be a starting NFL cornerback. He tackles well and is strong in run support, but he has shown on tape that he can be overaggressive and make mistakes.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: A senior captain for the Hokies, Fuller had two interceptions, 10 pass breakups and 24 tackles in 2013. He missed the final four games of the season due to a hernia, which required surgery. … Fuller has three brothers who all played football at Virginia Tech. Vincent Fuller was a fourth-round pick in 2005 by the Titans and played safety for Tennessee until 2010. He had briefs stints with the Lions and Patriots in 2011. Corey Fuller was a sixth-round pick in 2013 by the Lions. A wide receiver, he ended last season on Detroit’s practice squad. Kendall Fuller just completed his freshman season as a cornerback for the Hokies.
The Roanoke Times: Kyle Fuller’s draft stock on the rise after strong NFL combine showing
Yahoo! Sports: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller out for regular season with surgery for ‘core muscle injury’
Video: Here are highlights of Fuller against Marshall in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video