Tight end Matthew Mulligan signs with Bears
|04.08.14 at 9:22 pm ET|
Matthew Mulligan, who spent the 2013 season with the Patriots, has signed a one-year deal with the Bears.
The 6-foot-4, 267-pound tight end, who caught a pair of passes (one for a touchdown) last year, made his bones primarily as a blocker helping provide depth at the position for New England. The 29-year-old, who has played for the Jets and Rams, has 16 catches for 160 yards and a pair of touchdowns over the course of his five-year career in the NFL.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...