Tight end Matthew Mulligan signs with Bears
|04.08.14 at 9:22 pm ET|
Matthew Mulligan, who spent the 2013 season with the Patriots, has signed a one-year deal with the Bears.
The 6-foot-4, 267-pound tight end, who caught a pair of passes (one for a touchdown) last year, made his bones primarily as a blocker helping provide depth at the position for New England. The 29-year-old, who has played for the Jets and Rams, has 16 catches for 160 yards and a pair of touchdowns over the course of his five-year career in the NFL.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal