Tight end Matthew Mulligan signs with Bears
|04.08.14 at 9:22 pm ET|
Matthew Mulligan, who spent the 2013 season with the Patriots, has signed a one-year deal with the Bears.
The 6-foot-4, 267-pound tight end, who caught a pair of passes (one for a touchdown) last year, made his bones primarily as a blocker helping provide depth at the position for New England. The 29-year-old, who has played for the Jets and Rams, has 16 catches for 160 yards and a pair of touchdowns over the course of his five-year career in the NFL.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars