Tight end Matthew Mulligan signs with Bears
|04.08.14 at 9:22 pm ET|
Matthew Mulligan, who spent the 2013 season with the Patriots, has signed a one-year deal with the Bears.
The 6-foot-4, 267-pound tight end, who caught a pair of passes (one for a touchdown) last year, made his bones primarily as a blocker helping provide depth at the position for New England. The 29-year-old, who has played for the Jets and Rams, has 16 catches for 160 yards and a pair of touchdowns over the course of his five-year career in the NFL.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?