Can Patriots’ past preseason slate tell us what might be in store this summer?
|04.09.14 at 12:52 pm ET|
With the Patriots preseason schedule set to be released Wednesday at 3:15 p.m., here’s a look at the last 10 preseason slates for New England.
2004: vs. Philadelphia, at Cincinnati, at Carolina, vs. Jacksonville
2005: at Cincinnati, vs. New Orleans, at Green Bay, vs. N.Y. Giants
2006: at Atlanta, vs. Arizona, vs. Washington, at N.Y. Giants
2007: at Tampa Bay, vs. Tennessee, at Carolina, vs. N.Y. Giants
2008: vs. Baltimore, at Tampa Bay, vs. Philadelphia, at N.Y. Giants
2009: at Philadelphia, vs. Cincinnati, at Washington, vs. N.Y. Giants
2010: vs. New Orleans (joint practices), at Atlanta (joint practices), vs. St. Louis, at N.Y. Giants
2011: vs. Jacksonville, at Tampa Bay. at Detroit, vs. N.Y. Giants
2012: vs. New Orleans (joint practices), vs. Philadelphia, at Tampa Bay (joint practices), at N.Y. Giants
2013: at Philadelphia (joint practices), vs. Tampa Bay (joint practices), at Detroit, vs. N.Y. Giants.
Based on this, we can reasonable assume a couple of things when it comes to the 2014 preseason schedule.
— The Patriots will likely their preseason slate at MetLife Stadium against the Giants. New England has faced the Giants nine straight years in the preseason finale, alternating between games in Foxboro and North Jersey. This year, it figures to be a trip to Jersey.
— There will be a series of joint practices with a Bill Belichick ally. Maybe another visit with either the Falcons, Saints or Eagles?
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL