NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: LSU RB Jeremy Hill
|04.10.14 at 9:17 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
Weight: 233 pounds
Achievements: 2013 AP first-team All-SEC, 2013 coaches second-team All-SEC
What he brings: Hill isn’t a back who will amaze you with his speed, but he is a big, physical player who hits the line and churns his legs. His big frame, effective vision and deceptive cutting ability make him a battering ram who punishes defenders. His 4.66 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine was not great, elevating concerns about his speed. Analysts note that Hill has a tendency to lose his balance, and there are concerns about his tendency to carry the ball with one hand.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Hill, 21, spent three seasons at LSU, playing two after redshirting his first year. He ran for 1,401 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2013, and 755 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2012. In the 2014 Outback Bowl Hill ran for a career-high 216 yards and two touchdowns and was named MVP after the Tigers beat Iowa. … Hill comes with some baggage. He was charged with a misdemeanor battery for an April 2013 incident in which he was videotaped striking a man outside a bar. Hill pleaded guilty and was charged with community service and paying the man’s medical expenses. While a senior at high school in Baton Rouge, La., Hill pleaded guilty to forcing an underage girl into performing a sexual act.
Profootballtalk.com: LSU’s Jeremy Hill owning up to his past for NFL teams
Video: Here are Hill’s 2013 highlights against Florida.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return