Patriots announce Dr. Thomas Gill stepping down as team medical director
|04.10.14 at 2:14 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday that Dr. Thomas Gill will “end his tenure as medical director with the team” because he’s stepping down as the chief of sports medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Sports Medicine to focus on his private practice.
According to the team, Dr. Matt Provencher will take over Gill’s role.
Here’s the complete statement from the team on the move.
“After well over a decade of service with the New England Patriots, Dr. Thomas Gill has stepped down as the chief of sports medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Sports Medicine to focus on his private practice which will subsequently end his tenure as medical director with the team. We have always had the chief of sports medicine at MGH serve as the team’s medical director and will continue to work with MGH to provide those services. We greatly appreciate the many years of dedicated service and innovation that Dr. Gill provided our team and wish him well in the future. We will continue to work with MGH Sports Medicine to provide our medical services and look forward to receiving the level of care and expertise that MGH has been providing the New England Patriots since our team’s inception. Dr. Matt Provencher is the new chief of sports medicine at MGH and will become the team’s new medical director.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft