Patriots announce Dr. Thomas Gill stepping down as team medical director
|04.10.14 at 2:14 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday that Dr. Thomas Gill will “end his tenure as medical director with the team” because he’s stepping down as the chief of sports medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Sports Medicine to focus on his private practice.
According to the team, Dr. Matt Provencher will take over Gill’s role.
Here’s the complete statement from the team on the move.
“After well over a decade of service with the New England Patriots, Dr. Thomas Gill has stepped down as the chief of sports medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Sports Medicine to focus on his private practice which will subsequently end his tenure as medical director with the team. We have always had the chief of sports medicine at MGH serve as the team’s medical director and will continue to work with MGH to provide those services. We greatly appreciate the many years of dedicated service and innovation that Dr. Gill provided our team and wish him well in the future. We will continue to work with MGH Sports Medicine to provide our medical services and look forward to receiving the level of care and expertise that MGH has been providing the New England Patriots since our team’s inception. Dr. Matt Provencher is the new chief of sports medicine at MGH and will become the team’s new medical director.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return