NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy
|04.11.14 at 10:24 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-SEC second team
What he brings: Purifoy is a frustrating player for scouts to study as he flashes elite ability where he can make plays and cover the field but also flashes poor ability where he appear slow and lost and fails to tackle well. Bottom line is Purifoy is an inconsistent player who needs to get better at tackling. He’s a bigger cornerback, which will help him at the NFL level, but he needs to find some consistency as he was lackluster at the NFL combine, running a 4.61 40-yard dash and benching 225 pounds six times.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: In 2013 Purifoy had two interceptions, 24 tackles and two sacks. In 2012 he blocked two field goals and forced three fumbles on special teams. Purifoy recorded 22 tackles on special teams in 2011, a team high. … Purifoy was suspended for the first game by the Gators after he was arrested in February 2013 for a misdemeanor possession of marijuana. … During the 2013 Florida spring practices, Purifoy was tried out at wide receiver. In 2012, he recorded one catch for five yards and a rush for eight yards.
ESPN: Loucheiz Purifoy arrested for pot
ESPN: Catching on
Gator Zone: Purifoy’s Drive and toughness are homegrown
Video: Here are highlights of Purifoy against Kentucky in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied