NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy
|04.11.14 at 10:24 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-SEC second team
What he brings: Purifoy is a frustrating player for scouts to study as he flashes elite ability where he can make plays and cover the field but also flashes poor ability where he appear slow and lost and fails to tackle well. Bottom line is Purifoy is an inconsistent player who needs to get better at tackling. He’s a bigger cornerback, which will help him at the NFL level, but he needs to find some consistency as he was lackluster at the NFL combine, running a 4.61 40-yard dash and benching 225 pounds six times.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: In 2013 Purifoy had two interceptions, 24 tackles and two sacks. In 2012 he blocked two field goals and forced three fumbles on special teams. Purifoy recorded 22 tackles on special teams in 2011, a team high. … Purifoy was suspended for the first game by the Gators after he was arrested in February 2013 for a misdemeanor possession of marijuana. … During the 2013 Florida spring practices, Purifoy was tried out at wide receiver. In 2012, he recorded one catch for five yards and a rush for eight yards.
ESPN: Loucheiz Purifoy arrested for pot
ESPN: Catching on
Gator Zone: Purifoy’s Drive and toughness are homegrown
Video: Here are highlights of Purifoy against Kentucky in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?