NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Fresno State WR Davante Adams
|04.11.14 at 5:25 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
School: Fresno State
Weight: 212 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012 All-American, 2013 Paul Warfield Award, 2012 Mountain West Freshman of the Year, two-time first-team All-Mountain West
What he brings: Adams has good hand-eye coordination as well as leaping ability, allowing him to make grabs in challenging situations. His production may have been inflated by Fresno State’s offense and the team’s quarterback, Derek Carr.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: Adams caught a touchdown pass in 22 of the 26 games he played during his Fresno State career. He led the FBS with 131 catches as a sophomore during the 2013 season and finished the season with 1,719 yards, second in the nation. Adams, who redshirted his freshman year, set a Fresno State record with 233 career receptions. … The 21-year-old had the third-best vertical jump of wide receivers at the combine, reaching a height of 39.5 inches, but struggled in the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.56 seconds. He improved his 40-yard dash, shaving .09 seconds off his time, during his pro day.
49ers.com: Fresno State WR Davante Adams ‘ready to play’
Fresno Bee: Warszawski: Fresno State’s Davante Adams works with track legend for NFL combine speed
Video: Here is a video highlighting Adams’ career at Fresno State.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return