NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: TCU CB Jason Verrett
|04.13.14 at 9:36 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 189 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-American (Walter Camp, Fox Sports), second-team All-American (Associated Press, SI.com, FWAA, USA Today), co-Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year (coaches), ranked by ESPN.com as the top player in the Big 12, Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist, Lott IMPACT Trophy quarterfinalist
What he brings: Analysts agree that Verrett has strong instincts and quick reaction skills that help with his ball skills. They do point out, though, that his frame is smaller than the typical player at his position.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-3
Notes: Due to academic struggles, Verrett started out his college career at Santa Rosa (Calif.) Junior College. He earned a starting position as soon as he arrived at TCU, eventually earning first-team All-American honors from SI.com during his junior season. … Verrett had surgery in late March after he suffered a torn labrum at the beginning of the 2013 season.
CBSSports.com: 2014 NFL combine: Five takeaways from Sunday
Dallas News: Breakdown: TCU CB Jason Verrett’s combine performance
NFL.com: Justin Gilbert, Jason Verrett stand out on combine’s final day
Video: Here’s a video highlighting Verrett’s career at TCU.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...