NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Penn State WR Allen Robinson
|04.17.14 at 9:47 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
School: Penn State
Weight: 210 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-American, 2013, 2012 Big Ten Richter-Howard Receiver of the Year, 2013, 2012 first-team All-Big Ten (coaches, media), 2013 Biletnikoff Award semifinalist
What he brings: Scouts say that Robinson is faster than people would expect for his size and they also stress that he is a productive player. Robinson is second in Penn State history with 177 career receptions even though he only caught three during his freshman season. Scouts note that he occasionally loses focus, causing him to drop passes.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: Robinson had a breakout year in 2012 when he broke the school record for catches with 77 and was named first team All-Big Ten. He then went on to improve on that record by finishing 97 catches for 1,432 yards as a junior in 2013. … The 20-year-old announced that he would leave for the draft the same day as Penn State coach Bill O’Brien said he was leaving for the NFL.
Video: Here is a highlight reel from Robinson’s 2013 season
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...