Report: BC running back Andre Williams drawing interest from Patriots
|04.18.14 at 3:40 pm ET|
The Patriots are one of four teams who have shown pre-draft interest in Boston College running back Andre Williams, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.
The Browns, Steelers and Jets have also shown interest in Williams, who led the nation in rushing with 2,177 yards (to go along with 18 touchdowns) and was a Heisman finalist this past season with the Eagles. However, the opportunity to stick in Eastern Massachusetts is certainly alluring for Williams, who was a consensus All-American and Doak Walker Award winner in 2013.
“It would be a blessing to end up on the Patriots squad,” said the 5-foot-11, 230-pounder at the combine in February. “They’re a winning franchise. They have a great coach. He seems like a really levelheaded cool guy to deal with. It would be great to go back to the Northeast. That’s where my family is situated right now. It would be a great fit.”
Considered a second-day pickup, Williams is among the upper tier of backs expected to be taken this year, a group that includes Ohio State’s Carlos Hyde, Auburn’s Tre Mason, Washington’s Bishop Sankey and LSU’s Jeremy Hill.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty