Report: BC running back Andre Williams drawing interest from Patriots
|04.18.14 at 3:40 pm ET|
The Patriots are one of four teams who have shown pre-draft interest in Boston College running back Andre Williams, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.
The Browns, Steelers and Jets have also shown interest in Williams, who led the nation in rushing with 2,177 yards (to go along with 18 touchdowns) and was a Heisman finalist this past season with the Eagles. However, the opportunity to stick in Eastern Massachusetts is certainly alluring for Williams, who was a consensus All-American and Doak Walker Award winner in 2013.
“It would be a blessing to end up on the Patriots squad,” said the 5-foot-11, 230-pounder at the combine in February. “They’re a winning franchise. They have a great coach. He seems like a really levelheaded cool guy to deal with. It would be great to go back to the Northeast. That’s where my family is situated right now. It would be a great fit.”
Considered a second-day pickup, Williams is among the upper tier of backs expected to be taken this year, a group that includes Ohio State’s Carlos Hyde, Auburn’s Tre Mason, Washington’s Bishop Sankey and LSU’s Jeremy Hill.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?