NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Baylor RB Lache Seastrunk
|04.19.14 at 12:55 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
Weight: 201 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Big 12, 2012 Honorable Mention All-Big 12, 2012 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
What he brings: Seastrunk isn’t too small or big, providing an excellent balance between power and speed. His ability to cut and accelerate is his biggest strength, though he sometimes runs laterally too much. Seastrunk possesses good vision and balance. His pass-blocking is average and he has very little experience catching the ball, recording nine career catches in his collegiate career.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: Seastrunk ran for 1,177 yards (7.4 yards per carry) and 11 touchdowns as a junior in 2013. In 2012 he ran for 1,012 yards (7.7 yards per carry) and seven touchdowns. … Seastrunk originally went to the University of Oregon in 2010 before transferring to Baylor in 2011. … He ran a 4.51 40-yard dash at the NFL combine and a 4.37 40-yard dash at his pro day.
Oregon Live: Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk top in vertical and broad jumps, falls short of 40 goal at NFL combine
CBSSports: 2014 Pro Days: Baylor’s Seastrunk improves combine times
Video: Here are Seastrunk’s 2013 highlights against West Virginia.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied