NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin
|04.19.14 at 3:45 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 192 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012 first-team All-Big 12
What he brings: A good-sized corner, Colvin is a smart, rangy player who can use his length to his advantage. Analysts say he’s a willing tackler with good instincts, especially in the run game. Colvin’s weaknesses are his average speed and struggles in pass coverage. He could look to add some muscle to his frame. His stock was hurt when he tore his ACL in a practice before the Senior Bowl.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 4-6
Notes: In 2013 Colvin recorded two interceptions and 55 tackles in 11 games. … Before Colvin tore his ACL, ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. had him rated as his fourth-best cornerback. … During the 2011 season Colvin was moved to strong safety, where he led the team in tackles with 84. He was moved back to cornerback in 2012.
NBCSports: Aaron Colvin visiting teams despite torn ACL
ESPN: When is right time to draft Aaron Colvin?
Video: Here are Colvin’s highlights with Oklahoma.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots