NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Utah OLB Trevor Reilly
|04.19.14 at 12:50 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Outside linebacker
Weight: 245 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Pac-12, 2012 honorable mention All-Pac-12
What he brings: Reilly’s big frame is enticing and his above-average athleticism, specifically his lateral agility, helps him get to the passer, making him an effective end-of-the-line player. However, Reilly isn’t the quickest or biggest for an outside linebacker, and it shows on tape. While big, he can’t overpower bigger offensive linemen, and he can’t beat others with his speed. His coverage abilities are solid.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: The 26-year-old recorded 100 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks during his senior year. He had 235 tackles, 37 tackles for losses and an interception in his Utah career. … Reilly tore his ACL before his junior season but played through it, holding off on surgery until after the season. … Reilly went on a two-year Mormon mission to Sweden after high school. He initially planned to go to Texas Tech but decided attend Utah, where he was a walk-on. … Reilly is married and has two daughters. His 1-year-old, Shayn, was diagnosed with cancer last year.
Fox Sports: Former Utah DE Reilly fueled by daughter’s battle with cancer
KUTV.com: Former Ute Trevor Reilly Talks NFL And Utah Football
Video: Here are Reilly’s highlights against USC in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction