NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Utah OLB Trevor Reilly
|04.19.14 at 12:50 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Outside linebacker
Weight: 245 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Pac-12, 2012 honorable mention All-Pac-12
What he brings: Reilly’s big frame is enticing and his above-average athleticism, specifically his lateral agility, helps him get to the passer, making him an effective end-of-the-line player. However, Reilly isn’t the quickest or biggest for an outside linebacker, and it shows on tape. While big, he can’t overpower bigger offensive linemen, and he can’t beat others with his speed. His coverage abilities are solid.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: The 26-year-old recorded 100 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks during his senior year. He had 235 tackles, 37 tackles for losses and an interception in his Utah career. … Reilly tore his ACL before his junior season but played through it, holding off on surgery until after the season. … Reilly went on a two-year Mormon mission to Sweden after high school. He initially planned to go to Texas Tech but decided attend Utah, where he was a walk-on. … Reilly is married and has two daughters. His 1-year-old, Shayn, was diagnosed with cancer last year.
Fox Sports: Former Utah DE Reilly fueled by daughter’s battle with cancer
KUTV.com: Former Ute Trevor Reilly Talks NFL And Utah Football
Video: Here are Reilly’s highlights against USC in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...