NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Lindenwood CB Pierre Desir
|04.20.14 at 4:47 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 206 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012, 2009 first-team All-MIAA, 2010 second-team All-MIAA
What he brings: Desir is a tall, athletic and fast corner who possesses great size and experience. He’s a willing corner who likes to play tight coverage and isn’t afraid to be aggressive. The 23-year-old is good in coverage and shows good instinct at locating the ball. Desir is not great defending the run, often failing to wrap up.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: In 2013, Desir recorded four interceptions, 12 pass deflections and 33 tackles. He recorded 25 interceptions during his collegiate career. He had nine interceptions (ranking No. 2 at all levels of college football) and 18 passes defended (tied for the Division 2 lead) in 2012. … Desir is featured on ESPN’s television series “Draft Academy.” … He was born in Haiti, moving to the United States when he was 4. … Desir started his collegiate career at Washburn University in 2009 before transferring to Lindenwood in 2011. After sitting out for a year, Desir started playing again in 2012.
St. Louis Dispatch: Lindenwood’s Desir makes most of pro day
ESPN: Small-school prospects dream big
Video: Here are highlights of Desir from the past year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied