NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: LSU DT Ego Ferguson
|04.22.14 at 9:10 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive tackle
Weight: 315 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-SEC honorable mention
What he brings: Ferguson has good size for his position and, according to scouts, he also has good vision of the field as well as a solid ability to track the ball. Scouts also say, though, that he has a tendency to play too high and is not as quick as other defensive tackles.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-4
Notes: Ferguson moved into a starting role as a junior in 2013 and amassed 48 tackles. He missed the Outback Bowl for what the team said was an undisclosed medical issue, and he did not run at the NFL scouting combine because of a right ankle injury (although he did post 24 reps on the bench press). … After spending the first three years of his high school career in Maryland, Ferguson transferred to Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia. Ferguson was ranked the No. 31 overall high school prospect in the nation and was a U.S. Army All-American Bowl participant. The Mims, Fla., native redshirted during the 2010 season and was a reserve player during his freshman and sophomore years before he became a starter during his junior year.
The Times-Picayune: LSU pro day breakdown: Defensive tackle Ego Ferguson
Baton Rouge Advocate: LSU defense plays with pride, honors missing Ego Ferguson
Video: Here is a video highlighting Ferguson’s performance against Mississippi State
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie