Devin McCourty: Bonding process with new defensive backs like Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner ‘begins now’
|04.24.14 at 3:06 pm ET|
FOXBORO — For defensive backs, the getting-to-know-you process can take some time. That’s why Devin McCourty and the rest of the new look New England secondary is getting down to business as quickly as possible.
During a break in offseason workouts Thursday at Gillette Stadium, McCourty said that when it comes to getting acclimated to working together, every second counts. That’s why the old faces like McCourty are spending as much time as possible with the new guys like Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner.
“I think us as a secondary, the bonding begins now,” he said. “(In year’s past), you guys always saw us in the locker room, we were always together, laughing and joking. That starts now. A group of us, we’re always working out together. We’re running together. We’re in the locker room together. The bonding as a secondary, as a unit, it starts now. The good thing is that everybody is all in and we’re down to have fun and get better together as a unit.
“It’s a great experience right now,” he added. “When you add good football players — veteran football players — with Revis and Browner in our secondary, I think it’s going to be good. Those guys have played a lot of good football, and just at this time of the year, getting that knowledge — our knowledge — and working together, (it) will be exciting. I think the biggest thing we understand right now is that we have a lot of work. Every year, we have a lot of new guys who have to learn the defense and start working together. So that’s our focus right now, just working to try and get better together as a unit.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return